Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My ride has been "Mommed"

This post refers to a video on youtube called Mom My Ride. Many of you may have seen it, but if not, I suggest a viewing. Very funny. Anyway, on to my story. So, just over a year ago we retired the old "mommed" minivan and upgraded to a lovely Suburban. I vowed that I would take better care of it and not let it get the way the minivan had become, complete with spilled milk and mysterious items rolling around under the seats, making noise every time we turned a corner. I have done fairly well, since Adam was using the Suburban to drive prospective clients to meetings for a while, but he has stopped doing that now, and it has slowly begun to devolve into a Mom vehicle.

I knew that we had crossed the line when Adam and I (just the 2 of us!) were driving one evening we heard "You guys are CRAZY!" coming from somewhere in the back. I recognized the sound of Madagascar's "Marty" toy from McDonalds. It must have been somewhere under the seat, where the button got bumped while we were driving. For the next period of time (I won't say how long, though there was at least one or two car cleanings during that time) whenever there was a lull in conversation we would all hear Marty's voice from the back seat, and the kids would laugh. Well, Kenyan finally found the culprit and removed him. The next day I was driving and turned a corner. Suddenly from the back seat came "Rowr!" It was another of the Madagascar toys from McDonalds. Kenyan swears he did not plant it there, and how it knew to take over for Marty is a mystery to me!

6 comments:

  1. I hear that toy go off all over my house all the time! We have like four of them, so they seem to be planted all over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kung Fu Panda was talking to me yesterday, and I seriously had no idea what that weird noise was - or where it was coming from. Maybe McDonald's toys are psycho?

    Funny, by the way. I chuckled. Thought you'd want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have your own blog now! I will definitely keep up. That story cracks me up, that is so funny. Especially the first time it happened to just Adam and you. I can only imagine. Very funny and so fun to read your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ride has definitely been "mommed"! I want to trade it in, but I can't bear the thought of devaluing yet another vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with mine. The kids are so far back there that the mess is easy to ignore. Then I get back there and want to hurl. It is quite disgusting. I sometimes don't even know what the stains or smells are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, Just found you here, I will add it to my site. Good to see you here. Hey, I need to call you about a quilting project and get an opinion about something I am going to create. Take care sister. K

    ReplyDelete